This cake was like an eye opener for an arrogant person like me who always underestimated egg less cakes.....I always thought they were below me....little did I know.....I would anytime choose this egg less cake over my other cakes.....well ......excluding.....Strawberry Cream Gateau
This Veggie cake......Hot Veggie Cake is a keeper.....well......as of now.......till the mind starts to act fickle again.
Recipe Source :Divine Taste
For Chocolate cake
- 200g Plain Flour (1 1/2 Cups)
- 50g Cocoa Powder (1/4 cup)
- 30g Caster Sugar(4tbsp)
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 400g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 150g Unsalted Butter , melted
- 250 ml Water (1 cup)
- 1tbsp Vanilla extract
For Soaking Syrup
- 125 ml Water (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
For Chocolate Butter cream icing
- 50g Butter ,softened (1/4 cup)
- 100g Icing Sugar (3/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp Milk
For Chocolate Ganache
- 200ml Cream
- 200g Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
For Chocolate Cake
- Grease two 8 inch round cake pan and line with parchment/baking paper, grease the sides and dust with flour. Keep this aside.
- Preheat oven to150 Degree C.
- Now prepare batter. Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a big mixing bowl. Add caster sugar.
- Add condensed milk, water,melted butter and vanilla extract.Beat with electric beater or hand whisk till the batter is smooth and no more lumpy.Do not over beat.
- Divide this batter equally into the greased pans and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or till done.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting it onto wire rack.Let the cakes cool down completely before assembling.
For Soaking Syrup
While the cakes are baking in the oven prepare the syrup.Place sugar and water in a small saucepan and cook till the sugar dissolves and the syrup comes to a boil.Take off the heat and let the syrup cool down.
For Butter-cream icing
Combine all the ingredients except milk and beat till light ,add milk slowly till you get a smooth icing.
Melts chocolate in a microwave or on double boiler.Add cream and mix till cream and chocolate is well blended and you have a slightly thick and smooth sauce.
Assemble the cake
- Place one chocolate cake on a plate, soak it with half of the soaking syrup.
- Spread chocolate butter cream icing over the soaked cake.You can reserve little icing to decorate the cake.
- Place the second cake on the butter cream icing. Soak this cake with the remaining syrup.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and spread it around on the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate the cake by piping some butter cream icing on the cake.
- Let the cake rest in the refrigerator for few hours before serving.