I have lived in the Middle East for 5 years and fell in love with the food there, though a little bland for our Indian taste buds......something worth giving a try...............be it Baba ganoush, hummus, sheesh tawook, falafel, kuboos,pita bread, baklava, umm ali and my all time favorite shawarma.
This is just a small attempt to try to relive the memories I have had when I was in Bahrain.
- 2 cups Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup or little more Vegetable oil
- Spread sesame seeds on a flat baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C and pop into the oven and bake for about five minutes, do not let the sesame seeds brown.Remove and let it cool.
- Transfer the seeds into a blender or food processor, add oil and blend to a smooth paste, add more oil if required.
- Transfer the tahini into an air tight container and store in refrigerator.
- Use tahini to make hummus and baba ganoush.