This caramelised coconut recipe I learnt from my babli aunty,who is the innovative cook of our family,I remember she used to make chocolate pudding and before serving ,she used to to sprinkle the coconut over the pudding,amazing combination,it also goes well with ice cream. remember to hide it after its prepared ,coz you can eat it just like that.It will disappear in blink of an eye.
- 2 cups freshly grated coconut
- 15 cashew nuts (broken)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Place pan on medium heat,add ghee,when hot add the cashew nuts and fry till light brown.
- now add the coconut and sugar and roast till the moisture evaporates and the coconut turns brown in color and drys up about 8 minutes.
- take off the flame and let it cool,the coconut will crisp up after It cools down.
- serve with biscuit pudding ,chocolate pudding or ice cream