Where there is a barbeque , there has to be salad.
Sunday was Barbeque afternoon at our place, perfect weather. Had a great time with family.
Nice spread of grilled dishes and salads.
Its 'Barbeque Sunday' week
Last Wednesday was 'Blog hop Wednesday', were I was paired with Blogger Anamika. I had tried out her garlic pull apart bread, but I knew I would not stop there. Anamika has an amazing collection of recipes and I wanted to try few. Waldorf salad was one such recipe.
Very light and refreshing salad. Must try.
Recipe source: taste junction
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped roughly and toasted)
- 1 apple (cored and diced)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- lettuce (for base)
- In a bowl whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.Now add apple, celery , raisins and 1/2 of the walnuts.
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving bowl and spoon the salad onto the leaves.
- Sprinkle the remaining walnuts on the salad before serving.