When I first came across this recipe, I wanted make it right away(that was almost 6 months back)...this was something new to me...never had it before and the whole idea of caramelized condensed milk excited me....wondered how it would taste...and when I did try it it...I just loved it...the reason being ...My all time favorite chocolate is ....Cadbury Nutties (I have a story behind why I like this a lot..and thats going to be a whole new post).... and the caramelized condensed milk and the chocolate on top tasted exactly like Nutties .Must try out this Chocolate Caramel Slice...kids would go crazy over it...perfect for birthday parties.
Recipe Source:Australian Women's weekly
- 3/4 cup (110grms) Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup (25grms) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (75 grms) firmly packed brown sugar
- 90 gram butter, melted
- 400 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 60 grams butter (extra)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (I used pancake syrup)
- 200 grms dark eating chocolate , chopped coarsely
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C. Grease a shallow 9 inch cake pan, line the base with baking paper, extending above the edges.
- Combine sifted flour, coconut, sugar and melted butter in a small bowl, mix well and press the mixture firmly over base of the cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk, extra 60 gram butter and maple/pancake syrup in a small saucepan, stir over medium heat until smooth. Pour this mixture over the baked base. Return to the oven ans bake for 25 minutes, remove and let it cool.
- Combine chocolate and oil in small saucepan, stir over low heat until all the chocolate is melted and looks smooth. Pour chocolate over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for 3 hours or till set.
- Cut to slices. Store it in the fridge.
Sending this post to :-Zesty palette