Something sweet for Krishna Janmastami
Recipe source:Ruchik Randhap
Print this recipe
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup ghee or less
- 9 to 10 cashews or almonds roughly and shallow fried in ghee
- Place a non stick pan on medium flame add wheat flour and roast till the wheat turns dark brown color (its very important to roast the wheat flour well or the halwa will taste like sweet chappati dough which is not good)
- After the flour reaches the desired color add sugar and ghee and mix well, stir for a minute the add two cups of water, keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add cashews or almonds and cardamom powder
- Stir till the halwa comes together and forms a ball.Take off the flame.
- You can transfer the halwa to a vessel or into a mold and turn onto a plate and garnish with almonds and serve.