Ok to tell you the truth,this cake started of as a marble cake and ended up as a choco vanilla sponge cake.I got the recipe from another blogger 'Edible garden',her cake had beautiful swirls and the name 'marble cake ' suited it. In my cake the chocolate was dominating hence cannot see proper swirls.But the cake was amazing,it had a nice outer crust and soft and spongy inside.Its a perfect tea time cake.We could not even wait for it to cool down and like my cousin Debs said "the house smells heavenly"
Recipe source : edible garden
Print this recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 grm butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
1.Pre heat oven at 180 degree C. Grease 8 or 9 inch cake tin and keep aside.
2.Sift flour,baking powder and salt and keep aside.
3. In a deep mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar,butter,vanilla essence,milk and sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Using an electric beater or hand whisk, beat the ingredients until well combined(about 3 to 4 minutes).
5. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the cake tin.To the remaining batter sift in cocoa powder and mix till well combined.
6. Spoon the cocoa batter onto the plain batter and using a knife swirl the batter to blend in both the vanilla and chocolate batter.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or till done.
8. Let it cool for few minutes,or just dig in.