Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thai Green Curry with Chicken and Veggies


I will never get tired of saying this over and over again.......'I LOVE THAI FOOD'........its this amazing blend of fresh basil......lemon grass......lemon leaves.......galangal........coconut...........its like fireworks in your mouth.

I was pretty apprehensive about making this curry, was not sure if it would be accepted at home ....since my trusted critic ...my sister Devina has betrayed me and left the country(hope you are reading this Devs).....but I was surprised to watch my dad enjoy this curry..........he over ate (which rarely happens).

Point to be noted:  All the 'Hot Veggies' can exclude the chicken.....the poor chicken....




Ingredients
Print this recipe
Recipe source: Nita Mehta

  • 1 cup Thai Green Curry Paste
  • 250g Chicken ,cubed (I used boneless)
  • 5 to 6 Babycorn, slit
  • 1/2 cup Broccoli
  • 1/2 Red Capsicum , diced - optional
  • 1/2 Yellow Capsicum, diced- optional
  • 10 to 12 Button Mushroom, sliced
  • 500ml Coconut Milk, tinned
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1 tsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • salt to taste
  • 2 Lime leaves ,chopped
  • 10 to 15 fresh Basil leaves , chopped
  • 2 Red chillies , chopped- to garnish
  • 1 tbsp Oil




Method
  1. Place a pan on medium heat, add oil. When oil is hot add green curry paste and fry for 2 minutes. Now add the chicken and stir for few minutes.Toss in all the vegetables except for broccoli (I like my broccoli to have a crunch to it,so I toss it in when the curry is almost done).
  2. Now add coconut milk and mix well. Cover and simmer till the chicken and vegetables are almost done.Add water ,you can increase or reduce the amount of water according to your desired consistency.
  3. Add sugar, salt, soy sauce, lime leaves ,basil leaves and broccoli and cook for few more minutes.
  4. Garnish with red chillies.
  5. Serve with hot rice.

3 comments:

  1. Looking at your food pics, I must say, I'm starting to love Thai food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made this!!! turned out yumm. loved the flavour, so easy too, annd loved that one could sub with more easily available local ingr (ginger for galangal etc). thanks for a keeper recipe.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveee Thai Food, stumbled over this recipe while looking for a similar dish. I have posted this today too

    Glad to follow you Charisma.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...