every one has their own version of fried rice, this is mine. no matter how much I try i can never get the Chinese restaurant taste but close enough, and most important NO MSG
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 onion medium(finely chopped
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1cup beans (finely sliced)
- 1/3 cup peas( frozen)
- 1 green capsicum(finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup mushroon(sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2tsp vinegar
- salt /pepper to taste
- 2tbsp oil
- 6 cups rice cooked (I fry the the rice in two batches in a hot wok with oil salt, pepper and soya for few seconds and then add to the stir fried vegetables, but you can skip this step)
* In a wok or big pan add oil on high flame, when its hot add in garlic fry for few seconds then add in the onion, when the onion turns translucent add chopped carrot and beans(it should be finely chopped so that it can cook faster) , keep stirring for two minutes until they are 70% cooked , now add mushroom. capsicum and frozen peas(if you are using fresh peas, cook it separately ), now add cooked chicken, stir well add the soya sauce, vinegar , salt and pepper, stir fry for few seconds.
* push all the vegetables and chicken to one side of the pan, add little oil and break in two eggs and scramble them. After they are scrambled mix in the vegetables and chicken.
*Now add the cooked rice and fry for a minute at the end sprinkle spring onion. serve with chilli chicken .
note: the fried rice should be cooked on high flame throughout
if you are worried the carrots and beans won't cook through, you can always cook them separately and then add it to the rice. if you notice in all Chinese restaurants the vegetables are only 80% cooked.