Recipe source :Mharo Rajasthan Recipes
Print this recipe
- 1 cup Red Kidney beans / Rajma (washed and soaked overnight )
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (grated)
- 3 cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Rajma Masala
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- Cook the Rajma/ Red Kidney Beans in pressure cooker till done (8 to 10 whistles)
- Place a pan on medium high heat and add oil, when oil is hot add onion, ginger and garlic. Fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and the dry masala powder and salt and fry till oil seperates.
- Add cooked rajma/ red kidney beans and mix well (if you want the rajma to be soft and mushy you can pressure cook at this point)
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Methi Paratha.