Monday, October 31, 2011

Prawn in Garlic Sauce


 My sister Devs and me like to be adventurous and try out different kind of restaurants...my family does not think the same...they are a hard bunch to please....its a tedious job choosing a restaurant for them....coz if they don't like it then we will have to hear from them for rest of the week.....thats why ,whenever my family wants to go out for dinner,we always take a safe bet and choose a Chinese restaurant......universally accepted....and what more I love Chinese food.  

Though I got this recipe from a Thai cookbook...I actually did not find any difference, it tasted like any other Chinese gravy.Must try out this one....goes very well with Noodles and Fried Rice.

Recipe Source: Neeta Mehta
Ingredients
  • 1/2 kg Prawn (Shelled and de veined)
  • 250 g Mushroom (sliced)
  • Spring onion for garnish
  • Oil for deep frying
Marinade
  • 1 egg - lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp ajinomoto (optional)
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1/3 cup cornflour
  • 1 tsp oil
Sauce
  • 4 tbsp garlic paste
  • 4tbsp oil
  • 4 tsp soya sauce
  • 3 tbsp Tomato sauce
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 tsp Pepper powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 pinch Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Ajinomotto (optional)
  • 2 tsp Red chilli flakes
  • 2 dried red chillies
  • 2 tbsp cornflour mixed in 1/2 cup water
Method
  1. Beat egg with salt, sugar, ajinomotto, pepper and cornflour.
  2. Add the prawns and mix well, keep aside for 30 minutes.
  3. Heat oil in a wok, drain off  excess marinade and deep fry the prawns till they turn golden brown. Drain and place on paper towel.
  4. Now prepare the sauce:-heat oil and add garlic paste and stir on low flame till it starts to change color.
  5. Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, pepper, salt. red chilli fakes, dried red chillies and cook for a minute.
  6. Now add the sliced mushroom and stir for 3 minutes.
  7. Add sugar and ajinamotto.
  8. Add water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
  9. Add the cornflour paste, keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
  10. Add the fried prawns and combine. Cook for 2 minutes and take off the flame.
  11. Garnish with chopped spring onions.


5 comments:

  1. Yum!! Looks gorgeous Cherie!! Great presentation, love ur pics!! See my agony...I can't eat prawns :( allergic to them..but maybe I should attempt this with boneless chicken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, wat a tempting and irresistible dish, just drooling rite now here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv ur blog dear..Lots of mouthwatering recipes....This one sounds delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it before commenting ,, d e l i c i o u s
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cherie, I love your recipes & the Prawns in Garlic Sauce looks gorgeous. I love Chinese food. I will try this one for sure.. Love your presentation & great pics too. You & Shireen are among my favorites! I go thro your blog frequently & I always look forward to your wonderful recipes..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...