I have this list of recipes to try out........Pizza was not one of them......I never thought I would be able to get the same restaurant flavor into my pizzas.....But.......my sister Neets has this notion that she has the right to add her own personal favorites into my list.....Pizza being one of them....and she does challenge me a lot.......and I gave it a shot......have to tell you......I am quite proud with the outcome....Neets I know ....next on list is Pavlova........please keep you nose out of 'my list'.
Print this recipe
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Instant yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm Water
For pizza sauce
- 6 medium size Tomatoes
- 10 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp chilii flakes
- 100grams Tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Bell Peppers (green,yellow and red) charred,skin and seeds removed and chopped
- 15 to 20 fresh Basil leaves
- Grated Mozzarella
- Or any topping of your choice - Mushroom, onion,chicken,babycorn ,olives,pineapple......
Method for Pizza base
- In a bowl mix sugar ,one cup lukewarm water and yeast. Keep aside for five minutes till it becomes frothy.
- In a big bowl add remaining ingredients - Flour,oil and salt, now add the frothy yeast water and sugar mixture into the flour and knead on a clean surface into a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough into a vessel,cover with wet cloth and keep in a warm place and let the dough rise to double its original size- about one hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
Method for Sauce.
- Make 'X' on bottom of each tomatoes and plunge it into boiling water,remove from the hot water when the skin around the 'X' wrinkles up, this will take little more than a minute.Place the tomatoes under running water to stop them from cooking further.
- Peel the skins of the tomatoes,cut roughly and make puree.Keep aside.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat add oil,when hot add the garlic and onion and fry till the onion turns translucent, now add the chilli flakes and fresh pureed tomatoes, tomato puree and 1/2 cup water. Add sugar,salt and pepper and simmer on low flame for 20 to 25 minutes till the sauce thickens.
Method for Roasted peppers
1.Roast the bell pepper in an oven or on gas top till the skins of the peppers are charred.Place the bell peppers in a bowl and cover with clingfilm and let it rest for 20 minutes.
2.Remove the charred skin (do not wash with water),you won't be able to remove all the skin, leave the bits of charred skin as it is. Cut the tips of the bell pepper and discard the seed.Chop the bell peppers into cubes.
Assemble the Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degree C.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts, Roll the dough into a 10inch circle,place on a 10 inch pizza tray or plate.Poke the base with a fork, add little more than 1/2 cup pizza sauce on the pizza base and spread evenly. Sprinkle the charred bell peppers evenly over the pizza sauce and toss into hot oven on the bottom rack and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till the sides turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes till the cheese melts.Top it with fresh Basil.
- Slice the pizza using a pizza cutter or sharp knife and serve hot.