This one is for Devina ....my sister.....who got married last week.....she is my inspiration to cook good food .I can say a lot of things about her...but I won't ...I will settle with.....
Girl...........I miss you crazzzzzzzzyyy
Recipe Source:-Williams and Sonoma
Print this recipe
- 1 1/3cups (220g) All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup (125g) Butter (softened)
- 1/2cup (125g) Castor sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2cup (105g) Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1cup (185g) Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C. Grease baking sheet or line with baking paper or silicon sheet.Keep aside.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt together on a paper and set aside.
- In a bowl using an electric whisk cream butter on high speed till fluffy and pale yellow.Add sugar and brown sugar and beat again till the mixture is no longer gritty.
- Add egg and beat on low speed till well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed till well blended or use a wooden spoon to mix.Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Take a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll to a ball with damp hands and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.(you can also place few choco chips on the cookie dough before transferring into the oven)
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack and bake for 12 to 15minutes or till the golden brown around the edges..
- Let the cookies cool in the baking sheet for few minutes before transferring onto a wire rack and let cool completely.Place the cooled cookies in an airtight container.