Or should I say Shakila aunty's biryani.
soum this one is for you,stop haunting me in my dreams:)
Print this recipe
- 1 kg chicken (with bone cut to medium pieces)
- ghee rice
- 3 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 25 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 inch ginger
- 6 tbsp coriander leaves(chop 3 tbsp finely and keep aside)
- 4 tbsp mint leaves(chop 2 tbsp finely and keep aside)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 green chillies
- 10 to 12 cashew nuts
- 2 tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 25 to 30 green chillies (slit slighty in the top)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 ghee or more (be very generous)
- salt to taste
- Grind onion, turmeric ,ginger,garlic,cinnamon,cloves,cashewnuts,4 green chillies,3 tbsp coriander leaves and 2tbsp mint leaves into very fine paste (do not use water)
- Place a big vessel on medium high flame, add ghee,when hot add tomatoes and little salt,fry the tomatoes till its melted,now add the slit green chillies.Stir for a minute.
- Now add the ground masala and fry till the raw smell dissappears and ghee leaves the sides.
- Add chicken ,salt,chopped coriander and mint leaves.Cover and cook (add 1/2 cup water or less if required)
- When chicken is almost done add lemon juice and mix,adjust salt to taste.
- Good sign for a good gravy is when the ghee is floating on the top,
- Prepare ghee rice
Take a big vessel apply little ghee to the bottom of the vessel,put one layer of ghee rice and a layer of chicken masala.Continue the layering till you are done with the chicken and rice.
Place a flat pan on low flame and place the biryani vessel on top of the flame and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Mix carefully and serve with raita