I am a regular visitor of Mainland China, not coz I am crazy about the place...its just that my family refuses to eat elsewhere ...we are such regular customers that each time we visit Mainland China,they are so happy to see us that they give us complimentary Honey fried noodles for dessert......according to their menu card they charge 170 Rs for one single portion.....and they give that free....can you believe it......I felt so special......little did I know then that the actual price would roughly come up to Rs 25(including ice cream).....and I also got to know that almost all the customers get complimentary Honey fried noodles....I do not feel special anymore.
Honey fried noodles is my dads favorite dessert and you can make it in less than 15 minutes..... definitely a must try simple recipe. and spring roll sheets work best (Thank you Nalini aunty for the tip),you can also use fried noodles.
Ingredients (for one portion of honey fried noodles)
Print this recipe
- 5 Spring roll sheets
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds , lightly toasted or toasted Almonds
- Oil to deep fry
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Thaw the frozen spring roll sheets for 15 minutes and cut into medium thin strips.
- Deep fry the spring roll strips in hot oil till it turns light golden brown.Remove from oil and place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.keep this aside.(you can fry the strips ahead of serving time and store in airtight container)
- Prepare the honey syrup few minutes before serving.Place a small saucepan on medium flame,add sugar and water and cook till the sugar melts.Now add honey and mix.Take off the flame and keep the syrup warm.
- Just before serving toss the fried noodles in required amount of honey syrup.Transfer onto a serving plate and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on the honey fried noodles and serve with vanilla ice cream.