Crispy spring paneer......simple veggie appetizer....and proof that I suck when it comes to naming a dish.
Recipe Source :Sanjeev Kapoors Flavors of the Orient
- 200 grams Paneer
- 5 to 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 5 sheets Spring roll sheets
- Oil ,deep frying
- Cut the spring roll sheets into thin strips and keep aside.
- Cut the paneer into thick fingers.
- In a bowl mix together garlic, lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, pepper, red chilli flakes, sugar and salt. Apply this mixture to the paneer and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add flour and cornflour to the paneer and mix well, set aside for few minutes.
- Take each paneer and wrap it with the spring roll sheet strips and press to make it stick to the paneer. if the strips are not sticking make paste with maida and little water, and use it to stick the strips to the paneer, keep aside the wrapped paneer..
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame, when hot drop in the wrapped paneers and fry till golden brown,
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or sweet chilli sauce.