I don't know what to call this , pineapple and cream or pineapple mousse. As far as i know mousse is mostly made out of raw eggs, where the egg white is beaten stiff and mixed into the cream and all, but to tell you the truth, I am just not comfortable handling raw eggs, i can eat chocolate mousse and pineapple mousse at restaurants , but i just don't trust myself with raw eggs.So I am settling with gelatin.
Print this recipe
- 1 tin pineapple
- 1/3 cup pineapple syrup/juice(taken from the tinned pineapple)
- 2 tsp plain gelatin
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 250ml whipping cream
* Pour the whipping cream in a bowl add powdered sugar(the quantity of sugar is up to you) . Whip the cream till almost fluffy and double the volume. Keep this in the fridge till further use.
* chop the pineapple rings into small cubes and keep aside.
* In a bowl add 1/3 cup pineapple syrup, sprinkle gelatin into the syrup, keep it aside for few minutes.
*Double boil the gelatin liquid over a bowl of hot water till all the gelatin powder is dissolved and there is clear liquid. Take it off the double boil.
* Whisk the gelatin mixture with a hand whisk or electric beater (I used electric beater) till frothy.
* get the whipped cream out add the chopped pineapple (keep few aside for garnish). Fold in the frothy gelatin mixture.
* In a bowl lay some chopped pineapple. Pour in the cream mixture ,smooth it out and decorate with chopped pineapple.
*let the pineapple and cream set in the fridge for an hour.