This pasta tastes just like chicken alfredo, instead of fettucini I have used normal macaroni pasta.
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups mushroom sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4th cup fresh cream
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup grated cheese for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the chicken breast(its easy to slice the chicken breast if its semi frozen), marinate this chicken with garlic powder,salt and pepper for ten minutes.
- In a pan melt 4 tbsp butter and when the butter melts fry the chicken for 2 minutes each side,remove from pan and keep it aside.Chop the cooked chicken breast to desired size.
- in the same pan add the remaining 1 tbsp butter when hot add the chopped garlic and onion and fry till onion turns translucent (if you want the sauce to be pure white then you can use a fresh pan add 4 tbsp butter and continue,I have used the same pan coz I feel the sauce taste better with all the extra juice from the chicken).
- Now add mushroom and sprinkle little salt and fry for two minutes,now add flour and fry for 4 to 5 minutes(be sure to cook the flour properly or the sauce will get a raw and paper kind taste)
- Gradually add milk,keep stirring to avoid forming lumps,when the milk comes to a boil add fresh cream,cooked chicken,salt and pepper.
- how to serve: just before serving heat the sauce, if too thick add milk or water,toss in the cooked pasta ,garnish with grated cheese and fresh parsley (I used dried parsley)
- serve with garlic bread.