My brother is a man of very few words........So I have just one word for him......
Recipe Source: Humming bird bakery Cake days
Print this recipe
- 100ml White rum
- 4 slices Pineapple
- 40g unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 120g All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 120 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 80g unsalted Butter , softened
- 250g Icing sugar
- 4tsp White rum
- 4 tsp Coconut Milk
- 4 slices Pineapple for decoration
- 4 tbsp Caramelized coconut for decoration
- Grease a 6 inch pan,line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour rum into a small saucepan,add 30g sugar,place the saucepan on medium flame and bring to boil, let the liquid reduce to half .Cut the pineapple into bits and soak it in the reduced rum for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 170 degree C.
- In a large bowl combine butter,140g sugar, flour,baking powder and salt.Using an electric beater beat on low speed till the mixture looks like crumbs.
- In a small jar combine the wet ingredients - egg, coconut milk and vanilla essence, whisk with a fork and mix well.
- Pour the the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients,beat at low speed and increase the speed once all the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove the pineapple from the rum (squeeze out the excess liquid), sprinkle the pineapple bits on the greased pan.Pour the batter on the pineapple bits and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring on to a wire rack.Let the cake cool down completely.
- Prepare frosting :- Beat butter and icing sugar till they resemble sand like consistency,in a small glass combine rum and coconut milk, pour this into the butter and icing sugar mixture and beat till light and fluffy.
- Assemble the cake :-Place the cake on a serving dish , soak with the reduced rum and frost the cake.Decorate with pineapple bits and caramelized coconut.