This dish falls into our comfort food category.............Kempu appala chutney with piping hot ganji......egg omelette and pickle.. ....perfect combination for rainy day.
Print this recipe
- 6 to 7 Red pappad
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated Coconut
- 5 dry Red chillies ,roasted (3 byadigi 2 guntur)
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds, roasted
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds, roasted
- 1/2 Onion , chopped
- marble size Tamarind
- salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry pappads
- In a mixer or blender jar combine red chillies, coriander seeds , cumin seeds, salt and tamarind, grind into a fine powder. Toss in the fresh coconut and grind for 2 seconds only.Transfer into a bowl and sprinkle chopped onion to top.
- Fry the red pappad in hot oil and place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Just before serving crush the red pappad and mix with the coconut masala and serve with ganji