Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chicken in Red Thai Curry


I was introduced to Thai food when I was in Bahrain by Nalini Aunty....she is such an amazing host and cook....can whip up Prawn Tom Yum Soup, Chicken in Green Thai Curry, Stir Fried Vegetables and Jasmine rice in less than 60 minutes....this was when I fell in love with Thai food.

I was paired with Madusmitha of Red Spice this week for Blog hop Wednesday...When I was surfing through her recipes...I just pounced on the Red Thai curry...I knew this was one recipe I would love to try out...Madhusmitha had used ready made red curry paste in her recipe...but I always wanted to make the paste  from scratch...I had Nita Mehta's book 'Thai cooking for Indian kitchen' and I tried out her recipe...I was so happy with the end result.....nothing is as satisfying as seeing my daughter enjoying the curry with rice for lunch...and asking for the same Thai curry again for dinner.......my best CRITIC :)

This is a 'must try'dish....you won't be disappointed .


Recipe Source :Red Spice and Nita Mehta's Thai cooking


Ingredients
Print this recipe

  • 200 grms Boneless Chicken (cut to medium size)
  • 1/2 small Broccoli,cut to small florets 
  • 10 to15Mushrooms, sliced
  • 10 Baby corn, sliced to two
  • 1/2 Red Capsicum, diced
  • 500 ml Coconut Milk (I used tinned)
  • 2 tbsp Fish sauce,optional (I skipped this)
  • 1 tsp Soya Sauce
  • 20 to 25 Basil leaves
  • 5 to 6 lemon leaves
  • 2 tbsp Oil
  • Salt to taste
  • 4 Fresh Red Chillies, slit (optional)
  • Red Curry Paste
  • 200ml  Water


Method

  1. Heat oil in a large pan, add red curry paste and fry for 3minutes on low flame.
  2. Add chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.
  3. Add all the chopped vegetables and stir fry for a minute. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce and lemon leaves. Cover and cook on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes,till the chicken and veggies are cooked.
  4. Add salt ,chopped basil leaves and fresh red chillies and water. Cook for 5 minutes and garnish with red chillies and fresh basil
  5. Serve hot with rice.
Sending this post to Tickling Palates

11 comments:

  1. I loved the color and the spice in ur Thai curry. I love Thai food, especially Green and Red chicken curry. Was a regular food when we were in Malaysia. Brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheriamma ki jai ho!! This is truly a mouthwatering dish (one of your best pics till date Cherie)!! I so wish I could taste it. I can never be disappointed with your recipes, that much I can say! I must buy that book now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slurp, am drooling over that wonderful looking bowl of irresistibe chicken curry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..fabulous red chicken curry..perfect and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the color Charishma! Esp your thai red curry paste is a must try I think. Looks soooo flavorful.! So true that kids are the best critic, once they give the approval nothing else matters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice presentation and lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, how much red curry paste should I add?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...