'Blog hop Wednesdays' This is the event I am taking part in. I am paired with different bloggers every Wednesday and I have to recreate a dish from their blog . I am glad that in the first week I was paired with an amazing blogger from Bahrain , Anamika Arun who has a great blog Taste Junction.
I love to bake, so I chose this recipe .These rolls are super soft and the aroma of garlic and butter is so amazing.Instant hit at home and my best critic -my daughter just loved it.
(I suggest you use a bigger baking dish, as you can see my rolls swelled up)
Thank you Anamika for the recipe and Radhika (tickling palates) for starting this event.
Ingredients for roll
- 1 1/2 cup Flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 tbsp yeast (1/2 tbsp if using instant yeast)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp oil
Ingredients for garlic spread
- 100 grms unsalted butter (softened)
- salt to taste
- 2tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped Dill leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1. Prepare garlic spread: mix all the ingredients for garlic spread in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Prepare roll: In a small bowl pour in 1/4 cup warm water, sugar and yeast, mix till yeast dissolves. Keep this aside for few minutes till the mixture looks frothy.
3. Now in a large bowl mix flour, salt, yeast mixture and remaining water and form a sticky dough. Oil your fingertips and knead the dough until it springs back when you press with your fingers, 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and allow it to double (keep in a warm area). This will take 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Once the dough doubles, punch the dough to remove the air and knead again for few minutes.
6. Prepare a baking dish, grease with oil and keep aside.
7. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.Place one portion dough on a flat surface. Use little flour if the dough is very sticky.Roll the dough into a rectangle with 1/2" thickness.
8.Place 2 tbsp garlic spread on the rolled out dough and spread out evenly.
9. Roll from one end .
10. Cut the roll into halves.
11. Then cut each half into halves to get 4 rolls.Repeat the same with the other portion of dough.
12.Place the rolls in a greased dish with cut side up and brush the top with milk and spread remaining garlic spread on top. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
13.allow the rolls to rise for about 20 minutes.
14. Place in a pre heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 180 degree C,or till the top looks golden brown.
15. Serve warm.