Saturday, August 18, 2018

Som Tum Salad /Green papaya salad



Shireennnnn Sequeira (Ruchik Randhap ) this one is for you...coz I really think you will be the only one who will see this post ..😂😂 posting after 4 years ..can you believe it ...

This is a just a test post ...you may never know ...my next post maybe in the year 2020 😅 I have even forgotten how this blogging thing works ...

My love for Thai cuisine started in Bahrain because of my very talented Nalini aunty ... Who could whip up an amazing spread of Tom Yum Soup Thai chicken green curry and Jasmine rice within 30 minutes... This is when I realised that Thai food is one of my most favourite cuisine and everytime I try to recreate the same flavors in my kitchen ...this was also when I realised my love towards fish sauce ....omg just love fish sauce ...have I told ...I loooooveeee fish sauce ....yes I do .... I may run out of sugar ...but never fish sauce .

My favorite Thai restaurant in Bangalore is Benjarong in Ulsoor  road ....but Misu in St Mark's road serves the best Som Tum salad and is extra spicy 🤤

I was able to recreate one of the best Som Tum salad in my kitchen ( even better than Misu ) thanks to Pailin from Hot Thai Kitchen ...I have omitted dried shrimp in the recipe


Recipe source: hot-thai-kitchen

. 2cups green papaya julienned
.4 Thai Red Chillies
. 3 cloves of garlic
.2 tbsp jaggery
.3 long beans cut into pieces
.2 tbsp fresh lime juice
.3tsp tamarind juice
.2 tbsp fish sauce
.4 tbsp roasted peanuts
.few cherry tomatoes or one whole tomato chopped

Method
. Pound garlic and thai red chillies in the mortar and pestle.
. Add jaggery to the about mixture and mash till the jaggery dissolves
. Add long beans and crush a little now add roasted peanuts .
. Mix in lime juice, tamarind juice and fish sauce and mix well .
. Now add green papaya and tomatoes and mix..sprinkle roasted peanuts on top
( For crispier papaya soak in ice cold water and drain and absorb excess liquid using kitchen towel)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...