I am posting a recipe after a very long break....went into a month long hangover....sobering up now (hopefully)
I strongly believe that a blogger should never apologize to his or her viewers for not posting for a long time....coz believe me........they won't notice that you are missing (I am excluding Shireen Sequeira :)
I felt it was the right time to post this recipe....I never thought I would ever say this ...well I am gonna say it anyways .....'IT'S VALENTINES DAY' (sorry I am not at all a valentine person...plz don't hate me)....well the real reason.....Its my daughters 3rd birthday....yes she is a valentine baby (I am not proud of it :) and yes I am dreading whats going to happen 15 years from now.
Recipe source:- Essential Chocolate - Love Food
Print this recipe
- 225g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g butter (cold)
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp cold water
- 175g butter
- 350g brown sugar
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 150g plain chocolate
- 300ml cream
- For pastry- sift flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.Rub in cold butter till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, now add sugar and cold water and mix to form a soft dough. Wrap the dough and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 190 Degree C.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface and place into a loose bottom tart/pie tin (I used one 7 inch and two 5inch tins). Line the rolled out dough with baking paper and fill with beans. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the beans and baking paper and bake the pastry crust for 10 more minutes.
- Make filling-Melt chocolate using a double boiler,let it cool. Meanwhile beat butter and sugar in a bowl. Now beat in eggs and cocoa powder.Add the melted chocolate and cream and beat the mixture till well combined.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degree C. Pour the filling into the baked pastry case and bake for 45 minutes or till the filling has set gently
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.