Seriously...I cannot get enough of chocolate...Is it just me or do I have an overdose of chocolate recipes in my blog.....I don't care ....you are gonna see more chocolate anyway.
I don't like to brag ;)......but believe me....... these are super simple .......amazing.......yummilicious.......with an attitude ....... muffins(does that even make sense).
Print this recipe
- 1 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 4 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Semi sweet chocolate chipes
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips to sprinkle
- Preheat oven at 190 Degree C.Place muffin paper cases into a muffin tray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk or sieve together all the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, caster sugar and cocoa powder. Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips and mix well.
- In another small bowl combine all the wet ingredients - oil, milk, egg and vanilla.Whisk lightly using a fork.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk lightly , do not over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop divide the batter evenly among the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or when inserted with a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer onto a wire rack and let the muffins cool completely before digging in.