I know......the name is totally off......I wanted to make this ever since I saw it on Passionate about baking... Deeba Rajpal made Bru Coffee Panna cotta......but how can I make instant cofffee panna cotta when I get a lifetime free supply of amazing coffee beans from a coffee estate in Chikamagalur.....hence the name 'Filter coffee Panna Cotta'........it sounds so much like.... ...Italy meets South India
Recipe Source : Deeba Rajpal's Passionate about Baking
- 600ml Cream (I used Amul)
- 60ml Coffee decoction or 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 100 g Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1.5 tsp Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Cold Water
- Sprinkle gelatin in 2tbsp cold water and let it stand for few minutes.
- Transfer cream into a thick bottom vessel, add the coffee decoction and sugar into the cream and mix well.Place on medium low flame and heat the cream, do not let it boil.
- Add few tablespoons of the hot coffee cream into the soaking gelatin and mix well.Add this into the remaining coffee cream and mix till well combined.Pass this through a sieve.
- Transfer the coffee cream into a vessel or individual glasses or ramekins.
- Let this set in the refrigerator of 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
* If using instant coffee powder,mix it in 2 tbsp cream till the granules have dissolved and add to the remaining cream before heating it.