Have you ever fallen in love........with a dish.......when I say love I do not mean....'feeling weak in the knees' love......or having an 'organism' love...neither 'getting turned on' love.......nor 'sinful love'......I am talking about just 'Pure Love'.......from the heart love.......coz believe me this is that dish......LOVE.
I know I am in love with a dish ....when ...'ME'...known for my laziness.....actually gets up middle of the night,walks down two floors...in pitch darkness...into the kitchen.....all the while praying that there is no ghost following me....open my refrigerator....just to steal a bite.....yes.....that is when I know I am in LOVE....from the heart PURE LOVE.
Creme au Chocolat is like heaven for a dessert lovers and perfect for couples in love......or maybe for my sisters and me who are in love with chocolate.There is no way anyone can hate this dessert......spread some LOVE.....make some Creme au Chocolat.....oooooo...I can dance
Recipe Source - William - Sonoma
- 1 cup Cream
- 85 to 90 grams good quality Dark Chocolate (40% Cocoa)
- 3 Egg yolks (room temperature)
- 2tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1tbsp Rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C. Keep ready a pot of boiling water and baking pan big enough to accommodate 4 normal size ramekins for water bath.
- Place the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Meanwhile heat cream in a small saucepan over low heat.Once small bubbles start forming in the sides ,take off the heat (do not boil the cream) and pour the cream on the chocolate and let it stand for a minute till the chocolate melts.Mix well and set aside to cool down slightly.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks and sugar using a hand held electric beater till it turns pale yellow,light and thick and should fall from the whisk like lazy ribbons, slowly add in the warm chocolate and cream mixture into the egg mixture(Yo need to be careful here,make sure the chocolate cream mixture is warm or you might end up with scrambled eggs-not a pretty sight) ,add vanilla extract and rum and mix well till well combined.
- Place the 4 ramekins in the baking pan and equally divide the chocolate egg mixture among the ramekins.Now pour at least an inch deep of boiling water into the baking pan.
- Cover the ramekins with aluminium foil and carefully transfer into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes(mine took 18 minutes to bake to perfection)
- Remove from the oven and let cool,transfer to refrigerator to let it set for at least 4 hours.
- You can have it with strawberries or raspberries or in my case I made cute heart shaped white chocolate....even better ....just dig in...