tiramisu is a very famous Italian dessert, it literally means 'pick me up'.In authentic tiramasu recipe mascarpone cheese and dark rum or marsala wine is used. Its hard to get mascarpone cheese here,the recipe I followed used cream cheese and since I was sharing this with my friend and her kids I skipped the alcohol.
- cream cheese 200grms(softened in room temperature)
- lady fingers 20 (can use white cake)
- sugar 6tbsp
- egg yolk 3
- whipping cream 3/4 cup
- strong coffee 1 1/2 cup (2 tbsp coffee powder dissolved in 1 1/2 cup hot water)
- cocoa powder 2 tbsp
- In a bowl mix whipping cream and 1 tbsp sugar and beat till soft peaks are formed,keep this in the fridge till further use.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese and 3 tbsp sugar, beat until the sugar is dissolved.
- In another bowl combine egg yolk and 3 tbsp sugar and whisk till the sugar is dissolved. Keep this bowl on double boiler and keep stirring the egg yolks and sugar till it turns lemon yellow in color(keep stirring or you might end up with scrambled eggs)
- pour the egg yolk mixture into the cream cheese mixture immediately.Mix well.
- To the above mixture add 2 tbsp of coffee liquid and mix well.
- Now add the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
on the ladyfingers pour half of the cream cheese mixture, dust cocoa powder through a tea strainer on the cream cheese