Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Simple Chocolate Cake for my Girl


I am always looking out for a diary free......tasty...... Chocolate Cake recipe for my daughter.My girl is not a fussy eater....but I have to be careful...thanks to her diary allergy. Though she is just 3 years old she has understood the fact that milk,cheese and yogurt are no good for her. She voluntarily refuses to eat ice cream,cheese and cream biscuits.....but one thing I just cannot keep her away from are ....CAKES....she just refuses to accept the fact that there is milk in cakes and cream in the frosting.....My heart sinks when we go to birthday parties and she just stares at that cream filled Black Forest cake.....

I am so glad I found this very simple ...yet tasty chocolate cake recipe...and what more its diary free.You won't believe me ...my daughter had more than half of this cake...she could not believe the fact that I let her eat the cake...I think she was scared I will change my mind....she ate all she could. My granny asked her if she can have a small piece and my daughter told her politely... "Ajji ,this cake is only for kids,you go and eat your chakuli"


Recipe from :- Testado,provado and aprovado
Ingredients
Print this recipe

  • 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
  • 1 cup Sugar (I used castor sugar)
  • 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
  • 1/2tsp Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking soda
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
  • 1 cup Boiling water
For Glaze
  • 1/3 cup Icing sugar, sifted
  • 2 tbsp Cocoa powder,sifted
  • 1 tsp Butter
  • 1/2 cup water

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C
  2. Grease and line with parchment paper an 8 inch round baking pan.Keep aside. 
  3. Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add sugar and using a hand whisk mix well.
  4. Now add oil and lightly beaten egg and whisk little. Add boiling water and whisk till well blended.
  5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or when inserted with a toothpick it comes out clean.
  6. Prepare the glaze:-Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.Cook on medium heat for few minutes till the sauce thickens.
  7. Remove the cake from its pan when its still warm. Pour the hot glaze on the cake and spread it around.


15 comments:

  1. That's very delicious looking cake.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too glad that ur kiddo enjoyed it...Its really a great joy...Cake looks very perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charishma, I'm very happy to know that you liked my recipe. You made your cake look so beautiful with the colored sprinkles. Love the photo of your little girl enjoying it.
    Thanks for the credit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect and yummy looking chocolate cake....happy birthday to ur princess...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be so disheartening to see your child when they are refused something though it is for their own good. My younger one cannot eat ready made soups or maggi and I know the feeling. Glad to see your daughter enjoying the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..i love it..you have made a perfect chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cake Cherie! By the way the glaze mentions butter, did u replace it with something else?

    ReplyDelete
  8. soft and delicious chocolate cake..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I loved the pic in which your daughter is licking that cake piece, and I really hope her mom is going to find out hundreds of cake recipes without any dairy products in them, n ya, in case I get to find some, will surely update you on the same. :)
    Now about the cake, it's so shiny, so tempting, just can't leave a bite of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woo soo cuteeee...this cake looks so yummmm..:) thanks for sharing..:) can u pls link it to my ongoing event dessert 4 newyear
    http://pran-oriya-recipies.blogspot.com/2011/12/eee.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cake looks super moist and delicious..Lovely clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cake looks yum. Thanx for sharing..!
    AnzzCafe has completed one year of blogging.. Its been a very eventful and fulfilling journey. Thank you for your support and words of encouragement without which it would not have been possible. Thank You..!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy cake...no wonder the fussy eater can it too..Glad to follow ur space..Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...