After the success of my Chicken in Red Thai Curry....I went into 'Thai Mode' :)
Print this recipe
- 400 g Chicken ,boneless bite size pieces
- 8 Bamboo Skewers,soaked in water
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Fresh red chillies,seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Lemon Grass ,finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 tbsp Coconut powder mixed in 1 tbsp milk
- 1tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 inch piece Ginger/galangal, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- 10 flakes Garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Oil the bamboo skewer and thread the marinated chicken.Do not leave any space between the chicken while threading. Reserve the marinade in the bowl.
- Grill the chicken in a preheated oven/grill at 220 degree C for 15 minutes, turning the chicken once in between and basting with the marinade.
- Or heat a non stick pan, grease with little oil and place the chicken on the pan and fry on high heat till the chicken cooked.
- Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.