There is always one vegetarian at home- My Babli Aunty. We made Paneer and potato sticks for the vegetarian.
I always find paneer to be very bland , but these paneer sticks were amazing, there were few left over sticks which we fried on a pan that night and it tasted equally good.
Ok - I don't have pictures of any of the dishes after they were grilled, because it just disappeared as soon as it came off the grill :)
Recipe source:cinnamon hut
- 400 grms Paneer(dice to 1 inch cubes)-
- 1 red bell pepper(diced to 1 inch cubes)
- 1 green bell pepper(diced to 1 inch cubes)
- 1 yellow bell pepper(diced to 1 inch cubes)
- 2 medium sized onion(diced and layers separated)
- 10 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours)
Marinade for Paneer
- 2 tsp amchoor powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup yogurt (curds)/300ml
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
Marinade for vegetables
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Marinate the paneer in amchoor powder, garam masala, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, yogurt, ginger garlic paste , oil, lemon juice, salt and turmeric. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Marinate the vegetables in olive oil, pepper, lemon juice and salt.
- Thread the vegetables and paneer/ cottage cheese into the skewers, alternating them as you like.
- Prepare all the skewers in the same way.
- Place on hot grill and fry on all sides.
- You can fry these paneer sticks on a tawa using little oil.
sending to a girls diary