Just one word ......... 'SINFUL'.........yes......I guess that says it all.
I recently joined A Sweet Punch a forum started by Ria (Ria's Collection), Divya (Easycooking) and Maria(Marias menu)....its all about my favorite things cakes, cupcakes and mousse,souffles,pies, tarts and quiches,brownies and cookies............wohoooo too much sugar rush for one day.
This months Sweet punch was our own personal choice.....and I made these sinful Truffle Brownies....its maddening.....try it...you will fall in love..
Recipe from here
- 170g Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- 113g + 3 tbsp unsalted Butter, cut to cubes
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 11/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3/4 cup Cream
- 170g Bittersweet Chocolate,chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with aluminium foil with the sides handing out (this helps in lifting out the brownie easy). Spray the foil with non stick oil or grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl combine 170g chocolate with butter and set over a bowl of simmering water, till the chocolate and butter is melted and well combined and smooth.Let the chocolate mixture cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk sugar,eggs,vanilla essence and salt and combine.Now add the chocolate/butter mixture.Stir in the flour and chopped walnuts and mix slowly till well combined(do not beat the batter at this point,carefully fold in the flour).
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Prepare ganache:-Pour the cream into a thick saucepan and bring to simmer over medium low heat.Remove from the heat and add the remaining 170g of chopped chocolate into the hot cream.Let the it stand for 5 minutes.Whisk till all the chocolate is melted and looks smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the brownie and spread out evenly.Let the ganache set in room temperature for 4 hours (I let it set overnight).
- Lift the brownie out of the pan using the aluminium foil.Cut to desired shape using large knife,wipe the knife with hot moist cloth after each cut.
- Warm the brownie in the microwave for few seconds and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
You know you brownies are done when.......
You will see that brownies will start leaving the sides of the baking tray.
Second,a thin layer forms on top of the brownie,almost like a second layer of skin.
Third, when you press the brownies at the edges it will spring back a little.
And fourth, unlike cake, brownies cannot be judged by inserting the toothpick and see if it comes out clean. When you insert a toothpick, you will see crumbs stuck to it.