There are different versions of chicken chops .As long as I remember this is how we have been making chops at home,its been pass down to me by my mother who learnt it from my granny.
My granny rarely cooks nowadays,she just relaxes and watches her daughters do all the cooking.She does enter the kitchen on special occasions...like cooking special dishes for festivals or for a mother to be.My mother was not in station for few days...so my granny was in charge of the kitchen. When I was busy making my mud pie (recipe coming up soon) granny made this amazing chicken chops....our neighbors dropped by to find out about the amazing aroma .Looks like she hasn't lost touch ...(and yes 15 green chillies...we like our food spicy)
Print this recipe
- 1 kg Chicken (cut to medium pieces)
- 5 big Onions, chopped
- 2 inch Ginger, chopped
- 20 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- 15 Green chillies ,slit
- 1/2 small bunch of Coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp Mint leaves
- Cinnamon Small piece
- 4 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes ,chopped
- 2 cloves
- Cinnamon small piece
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee is a small pan ,add chopped onion fry for few minutes and add garlic,ginger,cloves and cinnamon and fry till the onions turn golden brown.Add turmeric powder and fry for a minute. Now add green chillies, coriander leaves and mint leaves and fry for 3 to 4minutes. Remove from flame and grind to a smooth paste using very little water.keep this aside.
- Place a large non stick vessel on medium high flame. Add 2 tbsp ghee, when ghee is hot add cinnamon and cloves and stir for few seconds,now add chopped onion and fry till it turns golden brown,now add chopped tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes melt. add the ground masala and stir and cook till raw smell disappears and ghee leaves the sides of the masala.
- Add the chicken and salt and mix well, add 1/2 cup water (or more depending on desired consistency). Cover and cook till the chicken is done.
- Chicken Chops tastes best with Ghee Rice or any Indian bread.