Okay.....by far.......' The best cake I have ever Baked'......hands down.
Oh my god.....I can't believe I just said that....that's like a crime......I cannot believe ....I....chose a cream fruit cake over all my chocolate cakes.....please don't tell this to them...they are gonna be hurt.
Recipe Source: From my heart
Print this recipe
- 105g All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 55ml Boiling Water
- 7g Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
For Soaking Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Rum
- 400ml Fresh Cream
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 20 Fresh Strawberries, chopped
20 Fresh Strawberries, halved for decoration
- Grease an 8inch pan and line with baking paper.Keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C.
- Sift flour and baking powder.Keep aside.
- Using an electric beater, beat egg and sugar till it turns pale yellow,light and fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour, do not over mix.
- Now fold in butter,vanilla and water and mix slowly till well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or till done.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes ,remove from pan and cool the cake completely on wire rack.
For Soaking syrup
- Combine sugar and water in a small sauce pan and boil till sugar dissolves. Let this cool.
- Add rum.
- Whip cream and icing sugar till soft peaks are formed.
- Add chopped strawberries to half of the whipped cream.
- Reserve rest of the whipped cream for frosting the cake.
Assemble the cake
- Cut the cake to two layers.
- Place one layer on cake stand, soak the layer with half of the soaking syrup.
- Cover with cream and chopped strawberries.
- Place the second layer on top, soak with the remaining syrup.
- Frost the cake with rest of the whipped cream and decorated with halved strawberries.
- Let the cake rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.