Celebrating with some Egg less vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting for completing 200 posts :)
I don't like egg less cakes......I had this wrong notion that cakes can never taste good without eggs......BOY ....was I wrong......I realized that I should be more open to different kind of recipes that come my way......I am holding onto these egg less cupcake as of now:)
Recipe source :Marias Menu
Print this recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Soda bi carbonate
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup (170g) Butter , softened
- 1 cup Yogurt , room temperature
- 1/2 cup Hot Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
For Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup(113g) Butter
- 2/3 cup Cocoa powder, sieved
- 3 cups Icing sugar, sieved
- 1/3 cup Milk/ water
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- For cupcake: Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes
- Sift all purpose flour(maida), baking powder and soda bi carbonate. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar, yogurt , hot milk and vanilla essence till light and fluffy. Fold in the sifted flour.
- Line cupcake tray with paper cases, fill the cases with the prepared batter using an ice cream scoop or spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or till done.
- Remove from oven and let the cupcakes cool down before frosting them.
- For chocolate frosting :Melt butter in a pan, add sifted cocoa and mix well, take off the flame and add sifted icing sugar and vanilla essence. Add enough water or milk to make a spreadable frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes : apply a tablespoon of chocolate frosting on the cupcakes and let the frosting set.