Just love homemade corn chips.....its a perfect appetizer....and goes very well with Charred Salsa (my next post).
I love my corn chips crispy and thick...you can go ahead and make it as thin as possible....sprinkle some cheddar cheese......spicy salsa....toss it in the oven......and you will have amazing cheesy nachos ready to munch on.
Recipe Source: Tarla Dalal
- 100 g Maize Flour
- 50 g All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Combine maize flour, all purpose flour, salt, chilli flakes and oil in a mixing bowl.Add enough hot water to make a dough.Knead well. Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a big lemon size dough and roll out using flour for dusting to a circle. I used a puri/tortilla press to flatten the dough.
- Place a flat pan on medium heat and cook the flattened corn tortilla for few seconds on each side and keep it aside.Continue the same with rest of the dough.
- Prick the half cooked corn tortilla with a fork(this to to prevent the corn chips from puffing up while frying).Using a knife or pizza cutter,cut the corn tortillas into wedges or desired shape.
- Heat oil on medium high heat, deep fry the wedges till brown and crisp. Remove from oil and place on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve the corn chips with salsa, sour cream, avocado dip ......