Almost a year back I had posted Thai green curry- instant recipe on this blog, when I went back to check it out, I just could believe what I had written...it goes like this......"In Thailand its said that , if a girl knows to hand grind green curry paste which consists of 14 odd ingredients, then she is ready to get married. Well I am already married and I don't want to hand grind 14 ingredients. So I am going to use Ready made Green curry paste".........well first ..... I cannot believe I actually said that.....and Second......well ...well.....look who made Thai green curry paste from scratch (not a big deal at all)- though I have to confess....I did cheat....started of with a mortar and pestle....lost patience half way through and finished it of in a blender (how else would you get a fine paste).
OK again a reminder to all the hardcore Thai food fans.....this green curry paste, just like the Thai red curry paste has been modified to suit the Indian kitchen. The result was more than satisfactory ....a sure winner...so please don't hesitate to try it out....won't be disappointed.
Print this recipe
Recipe source- Nita Mehta
- 6-7 Green chillies , deseeded
- 5-6 Shallots or 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic , chopped
- 1/2 inch Galangal or Ginger
- 1 stick Lemon Grass ,lower portion only, chopped (or rind of 1 lemon)
- 3 Lemon leaves
- 1 cup Fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Dry roast coriander seeds and cumin seeds for 2 minutes till aromatic but not browned.
- Grind all the ingredients of the curry paste along with roasted seeds in mortar and pestle or a blender and grind to a fine paste using little water if required.
- This paste can be stored in a fridge for up to a week.
- Use to make Thai green curry .