Only thing missing in this picture is a hot cup of tea to dip the rusks in, perfect tea time snack.
Recipe Source :Ambus
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- pinch Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Castor Sugar
- 113 grams unsalted softened Butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Grease and line a 9 inch square baking pan with butter paper and set aside. Preheat oven at 180 degree C.
- In a bowl beat sugar and butter till light and fluffy, add in the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.Scrape the down sides. Add vanilla essence and beat till well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and beat on slow speed till you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared greased pan ,smooth out the surface and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or till the cake is completely baked and when toothpick inserted it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into long pieces or desired shape.
- Place the cut cake pieces on a cooling rack and bake again at 180 degrees C in a preheated oven in the center rack till you get the desired brown color.Keep checking on the rusk every 10 minutes and turn around so that its baked evenly on all four sides.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down completely before transferring into an air tight container.