Its Blog Hop Wednesday...I am paired with Jabeen from Jabeen's Corner. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Recipe Source : Jabeen's Corner
Print this Recipe
- 3 Cups Urad Dal
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger
- salt to taste
- 3 to 4 Curry leaves
- oil to deep fry
- 2 cups thick Yogurt + 1 cup water
- water (to soak the vada )
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder to garnish
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Chutney to garnish
- Wash and soak urad dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain water and and grind using very little water to smooth and fluffy batter.
- Add chopped ginger,green chillies, salt and curry leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel, when hot wet hand and take 3 tbsp of urad dal batter and drop into hot oil. Do the same for remaining and fry till light golden brown.
- Soak the fried vadas in lukewarm water for 15 to 20 minutes before add it to the curds.
- Meanwhile prepare the curds. Pour the curds into the serving dish add 1 cup water and mix well, if you want thinner consistency add more water.Now add little salt and sugar (I prefer my dahi vadas a little sweet...so I added more sugar).You can temper the curds too, but I skipped that step)
- Now remove the vadas from water and give it a light squeeze to remove excess water.
- Transfer the vadas into the curd mixture. Let it soak in the curds for few minutes.
- Garnish with Red Chilli powder and tamarind chutney (you can garnish it with green chutney or coriander leaves or garam masala or chaat masala...its your personal choice...I like it this way)
- Tastes best when served cold.
Sending my entry to Radhika from Tickling Palates
My entries for Blog Hop Wednesdays so far.....