Wish you all a Very Very Happy Diwali....Every Diwali we start our day with oil bath and something sweet. Thekere dosa /Cucumber dosa for breakfast is mandatory in our house.
Have a safe and prosperous Diwali.
- 1 medium cucumber (remove skin and chop)
- 1 fist beaten rice
- 3 cups rice (washed and soaked for 3 hrs)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup jaggery or to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- Grind cucumber, beaten rice, rice,coconut,jaggery and salt to a fine batter.Use very little water as cucumber already has lot of water content.(the batter should be little thinner that normal dosa batter)
- Let the batter ferment for 4 hours.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on hot tava and spread it around.Pour a tsp of ghee or butter.Flip over and let the dosa cook for few seconds.
- Cucumber dosa tastes best when served with homemade butter.