Focaccias can be turned into amazing sandwiches ,just slit it in between, spread some hung yogurt mixed in with dill leaves, garlic and salt....topped with grilled boneless tandoori chicken(or paneer for the vegetarians)....onions...tomatoes and lettuce.....good to go.....perfect for a picnic.
Recipe Source : Show me the curry
Print this recipe
- 5 cups All purpose Flour (maida)
- 1 2/3 cups Warm water
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp extra Olive oil for coating the top and greasing the pan
- 2 tbsp Dill Leaves chopped
- 1/2 Onion (Thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup sliced Black Olives
- 5 to 6 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- Salt to sprinkle on top
- In a big bowl combine warm water, yeast and sugar. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes until its foamy.
- Add salt and olive oil and mix. Now add 41/2 cups of flour.One cup at a time and mix well till all the flour comes together into a ball.Add more flour if its too sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 2 minutes till a smooth ball is formed.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes . You can skip this step if you are using rapid rise yeast.
- Grease the baking tin generously with olive oil. Punch down the dough and place it on the greased baking pan. Flatten the dough to an even rectangle shape.
- Cover and keep it in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Pre heat the oven to 220 Degree C
- In a bowl mix in 3 tbsp of olive oil, black olives, sliced onions, garlic and Dill leaves.
- Make indentations with you finger on the dough one inch apart.
- Spread the prepared oil mixture over the top of the risen dough and place the onion,garlic, dill leaves and olives on the top.
- Bake the Bread at 220 degree C for 20 minutes or till the top of the bread browns evenly.