When I was paired with Vardhini from Zesty Palette for blog hop Wednesday, this was what I had chosen to make....after I baked the pav and made Vad Pav (my next post)...I went through her blog again and came across Rasmalai recipe and chose to that as an entry for Blog Hop Wednesday.
I thoroughly enjoyed making the Pav...the results are so satisfying ,my family was awed by this...they could not believe that its possible to make Pav at home and that too it was much much better than the store bought Pav...So soft and spongy. Will definitely make it again.
Recipe source:Zesty palette
- 3 Cups Maida (All purpose flour)
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup luke warm water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
1. Add butter to luke warm milk and let it melt. Keep this aside.
2.Combine sugar and yeast in luke warm water and mix well. Keep aside and let it froth up.
3. Once the yeast froths up add salt and milk+ butter mixture to it.
4. Now add 1 cup flour at a time and form a sticky dough.
5. Transfer the dough on to a clean surface and using little flour knead for 5 to 10 minutes to get a smooth and soft dough.
6.Keep the dough in the bowl, cover it and let it rise in a warm area for 1 hour.
7. After the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and remove all the air. Grease a baking tin with oil and keep aside. Divide the dough to 12 equal parts , form a ball and place it on the grease baking tin.
8. Cover and let it rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
9. Brush the top of the dough with milk and pop it in a preheated oven at 180 Degree C and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.Remove from oven and let it cool.