Candy Cupcake for crossing 1 lac views after 7 months of blogging..........no actually I made these cupcakes for my daughter...she just loved it...each bite she took...she kept asking me..."did you make it?"..."did you make it?"....I knew exactly why she kept asking me that.....she dragged her friend in...and I offered her the cupcake and my daughter said proudly..."My mom made it"...little did she know that these were the simplest cupcakes ever made...but her expression was worth a million.
Seven months back...my husband was about to go to bed and I asked him "How do I start my own blog?" and he told me yawning..."Ok ...I will tell you later" and he slept. My brain was so hyper at that moment and I just could not wait...I am not tech savvy...so if I have a doubt I turn to my best friend.....Google....and I asked Google the same question I asked my Husband "How do I start my own blog?".....when my husband got up.....my blog 'Cheries Stolen recipes' was ready.So moral of the story 'Google is better than a Husband' (Just joking....for those who don't get my sense of humor).......
The journey since then has been amazing...This blog has definitely changed me in many ways.....I am a more confident person now......learnt so much about Mangalorean food and in the process connected with my Mother, saw a whole new side of her....she is more of a friend to me now and got to try out dishes I never thought I could make....I would like to change my profession from a Housewife to......'Housemaker/Blogger'
I would love to thank all my viewers and fellow bloggers for helping me get so far, it would not have been possible without you guys...(ok that was sooooo not me....it was so cliche...sounded like some Oscar speech by some boring actor)
Seriously..............a heartfelt THANK YOU.
Recipe Source:-Australian Women's weekly- Easy Baking
- 80 g Butter (softened)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla Essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup(75g) Caster sugar
- 1 cup (150g) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Milk or Soya Milk
- few candies
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake cases.
- In a bowl combine butter, vanilla essence, caster sugar, eggs, sifted flour and baking powder.Using an electric whisk beat on low speed till all ingredients are well combined.Now beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or till the batter looks pale in color.
- Divide the mixture into the paper cupcake cases using an ice cream scoop.Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. remove from the oven and place candies on top of each cupcake.Bake for 5 more minutes or till the candies melt (I did not wait till then, I prefer my candies whole)
- Let the cupcakes stand in the pan for few minutes ,then transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely.