Enjoy these cute super simple cookies.....which will drive any kid insane.....have you noticed....kids always love the simple stuff......
Recipe Source: Brown Eyed Baker
Print this recipe
- 2 1/2 cups Flour (maida)
- 226g unsalted Butter, room temperature (1 cup)
- 125g Icing Sugar (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
- pinch Salt
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 56g Semi Sweet Chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp Corn syrup (I used pan cake syrup)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pre heat oven to 170 Degree C. Line baking sheet with baking paper and keep aside.
- Beat together butter ,icing sugar, vanilla and salt for 2 minutes on high speed with a hand electric mixer or a whisk till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and beat on low speed and then increase to medium high.
- Using a small cookie scoop or in my case 1 tsp measure , heap the cookie dough in the spoon and roll the dough into balls,roll the ball in chocolate sprinkles and place 1 inch apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, remove from the oven and make indentation in middle of the cookie. I used back of a small rounded measuring tsp to make the indentation.
- Pop the cookies back into the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for few minutes in the tray .Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack and let them cool completely.Meanwhile make the chocolate sauce to fill the cookies.
- Fill the cooled cookies indentation with chocolate sauce and let it set for few minutes before storing in an airtight container.
- Combine chocolate, 2 tbsp butter and corn syrup or pancake syrup in a small heat proof dish. Place over a pot of simmering water, stir until melted and smooth (or melt in the microwave). Allow to cool slightly.