Babli Aunty (barbeque specialist ...tsk tsk) marinated this grilled chicken......... I made the Barbeque Jerk Chicken(and the salad) and....... my mom made Prawn in green marinade(Not putting it up coz I could not take pictures-will do it next time) ...... cousin Debs was in charge of keeping the fire alive......my sister in law was in charge of photography.......cousin Neetu running errands and then zoning out and again running errands....... my brother was in charge of the grill- did not turn the potato sticks at the right time- they look charred :) .........my daughter eating marshmallows..........and last but not least ....my dad was the critic....got a good review:)
All together a team effort.
- 1 1/2 kg chicken (thigh and leg pieces)
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 2 medium size onion
- 3 inch ginger
- 25 cloves garlic
- 5 green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 4 tsp tandoori masala(optional)
- 1/2 tsp red color(optional)
- salt to taste
- 2 small lemon
- Clean the chicken and make 2 to 3 deep slits, squeeze juice of 2 lemon and mix the chicken well and keep this aside.
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies to a fine paste. Pour this into a big mixing bowl and add chilli powder, red color, tandoori masala , turmeric powder, yogurt and salt and mix well.
- Wash the chicken again and add to the prepared masala. Add more chilli powder if you like the chicken to be spicy.Mix well.
- Marinate overnight in a refrigerator.
- Prepare grill, spray oil on the grill and place the marinated chicken on the hot grill. Turn the chicken around and grill till chciken is cooked.
- Serve with sliced onion and lemon wedges.
Sending this over to sarv's culinary concept