Few months ago I got to know that my girl had outgrown her diary allergy.......Since I love diary- cream ,cheese ,butter, ice cream ,chocolates it was very hard for me to keep my daughter away from such temptations.....I was so happy the day I came to know that she can have diary ......I just could not wait to try out diary based kid friendly recipes....and she loved these burritos...so did I....so did my granny.....I guess I cannot call it kids special then :)
print this recipe
For Chicken Filling
- 1 1/4 cups cooked Chicken (250g)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2cup Sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 4 Flour tortilla
- 1 cup finely shredded Lettuce
- 2 small Tomatoes , chopped
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheese
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- Pinch Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Milk or water (enough to make a soft dough)
For Flour tortilla
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients- flour,baking powder, butter, salt and add enough water or milk to make a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes
- Make medium sized balls with the dough, roll out thin and lightly fry on a flat pan till light brown spots appear on the tortilla.
- Cover with a cloth to keep warm and soft.
For Chicken filling
- In a bowl combine cooked chicken, mayonnaise, Sour cream and pepper.Mix well to coat the chicken pieces.
Assemble the Burritos
- Place tortilla on a plate, put 3 to 4 tbsp of the chicken filling top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes onone side of the tortilla and roll securely to close the filling.
- Cut in half and serve.