Hummus is always followed by Baba ganoush .
Recipe Source :Dedemed.com
- 1 medium size Eggplant
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice(adjust to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp Tahini sauce
- salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Chilli powder and mint leaf for garnish
- Preheat oven at 200 degree c, prick the eggplant with a fork,apply little oil on the skin and place on the wire rack in the preheated oven for 1 hour, remove and place in a bowl and cover with clingfilm and let it cool. Once cool,remove peel the skin and place the eggplant flesh in a mortar or a blender.(another method is to roast the eggplant on a stove top)
- Blend together roasted eggplant flesh,garlic,lemon juice,tahini and salt in a food processor till you get desired consistency (I do not like mine smooth).
- Transfer to a serving dish ,garnish with olive oil,chilli powder and mint leaves.
- Serve with pita bread.