When in Bahrain....one of my favorite restaurant was Nadhmi in Riffa.....an awesome grill run by a bunch of Lebanese men and they made the best shish tawook ever....served with lip smacking hummus, baba ganoush, tabbouleh and pickled jalapenos........And you know what?...... Lebanese men are very handsome and friendly......no wonder I went to Nadhmi often.
My shish tawook did not come anywhere close to Nadhmi's but definitely good enough.
Print this recipe
- 2 Chicken Breasts , cubed
- 6 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1/2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1tsp Chilli powder or paprika
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Marinate chicken cubes in garlic,tomato paste,tomato sauce, chilli powder,yogurt, lemon juice and salt for 2 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Pierce the marinated chicken cubes into the wooden skewer sticks.
- Grill on barbecue and keep basting with olive oil till done or you can also pan fry the chicken or roast in the oven.
- Serve with roasted veggies and pita bread.