I have used the following sentence before for one of my dishes....Iam going to use it again
I had this.......died......went to heaven.....and came back coz I knew there was more waiting for me.
I mean seriously ...this is EVIL mud cake...my legs felt weak after eating this....this was so so sooooo good, and I had double the fun coz I baked it with my sister Devs. We prepared the batter and put it in the oven..I told Devs..... "its going to take 20 minutes to bake" , Devs said..... "Okay" and I left the kitchen ,when I returned after 10 minutes, Devs was sitting on a chair right in front of the oven just staring at the cupcakes...
This is a MUST TRY for everyone, you won't be disappointed (I don't like to advertise my dish much ...but this one is worth it). So Shireen (Ruchik Randhap) thank you for commenting on all my post and you see I wasn't exaggerating when I said that " I had 4 cupcakes after eating the healthy fish :)" in my previous post :)))
Recipe source : Australian Women's Weekly Easy Baking
Print this recipe
- 120 grams Mars Bar
- 150 grams butter , chopped coarsely
- 150 grams dark eating chocolate , chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (110grams) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (110grams) plain flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 50 grams dark eating chocolate , chopped coarsely
- 25 grams butter
- 1 cup (160 grams) icing sugar (sieved)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp hot water , approx
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C, place muffin cases in muffin pans .
- Chop 2 Mars bar finely and cut the remaining bar into thin slices to top the cake.
- Combine butter, dark chocolate, brown sugar and water in a saucepan , stir over low heat till smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in the sifted flour and baking powder, add the eggs and chopped Mars bars. Mix well.(the batter will be thin)
- Divide the batter into the muffin cases and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let the cakes stand in the tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely before frosting.
- Method for fudge frosting : Stir chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl over small saucepan of simmering water until smooth. After the chocolate had melted remove from heat.Stir in the sifted icing sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in enough hot water until frosting is spreadable.
- Cover the cupcakes with prepared frosting and top each cupcake with a slice of Mars bar.