Recipe source:- Raks kitchen
Print this recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Maida/All purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water (or more)
- 3/4 tbsp Active dry yeast
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Sugar
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds(optional)
- 2 medium Potatoes (boiled,skinned and mashed)
- 1/2 Cup Peas(cooked)
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green chilli (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Add sugar to warm milk and mix well. Now add the yeast and keep aside.
- In a big bowl combine flour, water, salt, olive oil and yeast dissolved in milk.
- Mix well to form a ball. knead for few minutes to form a soft and smooth dough. Cover with clingfilm and place it in a warm place for 1 hour and let the dough rise.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling:-Place a pan on medium heat, add oil,when oil is hot add jeera seeds (cumin seeds) stir for few seconds and add onion, fry till translucent add ginger garlic paste and stir for few seconds now add turmeric powder and stir for few seconds,add green chillies and mashed potatoes and cooked peas mix well, adjust salt. Cover and cook for few minutes. Now add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.When the potato mixture cools slightly make equal size balls.
- After one hour, knead the dough gently and divide to 6 or 8 balls.
- Take each dough and flatten a little with your hand. Place the potato ball in middle and cover with the dough by bringing the ends together and pinch the dough and seal. Form a smooth ball. Repeat the same with the rest of the dough and potato mixture.
- Place the stuffed dough(pinched side down) on a baking tray lined with foil and greased with little oil.
- Let the stuffed dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190 Degree C for 20 minutes or till the top had browned.
- Served hot or at room temperature.
Sending this post to Zesty Palette